This is What a 65 Year Old Woman Looks Like

by Melissa Silverstein on September 20, 2010

in Actresses,Ageism

Helen Mirren at the premieres of Brighton Rock and The Debt at the Toronto Film Festival last week.  Could she BE any busier or more in demand?

Jihad Punk 77 September 20, 2010 at 10:41 AM

oh man, she is sexy as hell and sooo kickass. I hope I’m just as cool as her when I get older.

Chris September 20, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Helen is fabulous. I just wish there were more opportunities for actress 45+ besides Meryl and Helen. Can’t think of too many other actresses in their age bracket who are still getting offered great leading roles. Maybe Ellen Burstyn and Judi Dench?

Debbie Zipp September 20, 2010 at 3:26 PM

She is my favorite actress to watch these days. But yes there are far too few actresses in that age range getting the parts. It is a very small club. Things need to change.
And yes she is very sexy and gorgeous for 65. But as women we need to try not to compare ourselves to Hollywood movie stars. She doesn’t look like she has had a lot of plastic surgery but how many 65 year old women do you know that have no sagging neck or jowls. And how many women do you know that can afford a personal trainer or even have time to do extensive work outs at the gym. I don’t. And with having had two c-sections I will never be able to wear a bikini. So let’s just admire her talent and appreciate her beauty but keep it in perspective for ourselves or we will never be satisified with who we are.

marie-francoise September 24, 2010 at 2:06 PM

@Debbie: Thank you! Well said. Even though I am in the business (actor/filmmaker) I really appreciate your thoughtful, right-on comments.

Rosette Savageau August 18, 2011 at 2:23 AM

Good write-up, I am regular visitor of one’s web site, maintain up the excellent operate, and It’s going to be a regular visitor for a long time.

elayne July 22, 2012 at 9:00 PM

would love to send a photo…I’m 78 and a model…

And, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, isn’t it?

Princess Indian Feather

Carol March 4, 2013 at 8:08 PM

This is what a 65 year old woman looks like – unless that 65 year old woman is Bernadette Peters, in which case, she looks like most 25 year old women.

http://www.raillynews.com May 28, 2013 at 9:51 AM

These courses provide high quality study materials with high definition videos as practical training.
Due�to�progressive�deterioration�of�muscle,�loss�of�movement�occurs�eventually�leading�to�paralysis.

Generally, ribosomes that are bound to the endoplasmic
reticulum construct proteins that are transported out of the cell including cell
surface receptors.

diagram of the body December 20, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Within the cord these impulses are distributed to higher or lower centers.
Contact Information: Lawrence Kreger Address:Advanced Health Consultants P.
The experts use herbs and organic matters to neutralize the
deadly poisons.