Top 100 grossing films:
- Females accounted for 33% of all characters.
- Females comprised only 11% of protagonists.
- Male characters are much more likely than females to be portrayed as leaders. Overall, male characters account for 86% and females 14% of leaders
- Males 40 and over account for 50% of all male characters. Females 40 and over comprise 25% of all female characters.
- 73% of all female characters are Caucasian, followed by African American (8%), Latina (5%), Asian (5%), other worldly (4%), animals (3%), and other (1%).